Founded in 2010, Micro Point Pro Ltd. (MPP) is a global leader in the semiconductor industry offering comprehensive solutions for high-precision tools for the micro-electronics and packaging industries.
MPP acquired Kulicke and Soffa’s wire bonder business three years ago. Today MPP offers a range of machines from the well-known 4500 Series to the advanced iBond 5000 Series. Their Ball, Wedge and Dual Wire Bonders offer reliability and ease of operation based on decades of experience and knowledge. They are a world leader in the manual wire bonder industry offering innovative products, uncompromising quality and support.
The MPP iBond 5000 Series
The iBond 5000 Series combines the proven 4500 manual wire bonder mechanical design with an advanced graphical user interface.
MPP iBond 5000 has a TFT touch screen control interface that can also attach to an analog panel for those that prefer using analog knobs. The main control board is based on Cortex A9 Dual core CPU that runs at a speed of 1GHz, the operation system is Windows CE based and the system is controlled using a 7” 600X800 TFT touch screen. The system is delivered with factory preconfigured profiles, but users can also save and load custom profiles.
The iBond 5000 series includes 3 basic models: Wedge, Ball and Dual.
MPP’s Advanced Ball/Wedge Bonder
The iBond 5000-Dual is an advanced ball/wedge bonder used for process development, production, research or added manufacturing support. The iBond5000 provides the high yield and excellent repeatability needed for every wedge bonding application including: Optoelectronic Modules, Hybrids/MCMs, Microwave Products, Discrete Devices/Lasers, Chip-on-Boards, Leads, Sensors, High Power Devices and much more.
- One Machine, Dual Function Capabilities
- Provides the High Yield and Excellent Repeatability Needed for Every Wedge Bonding Application
- Wedge-Wedge and Ball-Wedge Bonding on the Same Machine
- Semi-Automatic/Manual Mode with ‘Z’ Option
- Fast Changeover by Operator with No Tools
- Special Proprietary Transducer for Proper Bond Tool Mounting
- Ball Bonding Capillary Mounts with Split Clamp
- 90-Degree Deep Access Wedge Bonding with 12.5 mm ‘Z’ Axis Travel
- Ball Bonding with 12.5 mm ‘Z’ Axis Travel
- Special Proprietary Swing Arm EFO/Drag Arm Assembly
- High-End Negative EFO with Missing Ball Detection
- High-Q 60kHz Ultrasonic Transducer, optional 120kHz
- 2 Channel Independent Bonding Parameters
- Built-In Digital Work Stage Temperature Control
If you are in the market for an advanced ball/wedge bonder, you can’t go wrong with MPP – a long-time leader in wire bonding technology.
We are still offering some great deals on the MPP iBond 5000 Series – contact Kevin Hartsoe at (215) 355-2460 for details!
Check out all of MPP’s systems on our website: click here.